With social distancing and Healthy-at-Home initiatives resulting in dramatically reduced travel, many operators may have sharply reduced or discontinued operations at their properties. As an owner or operator, that often means you have shut down not only day-to-day operations but your hospitality systems as well, perhaps taking advantage of the downtime to upgrade or enhance your hospitality solutions. Regardless of whether you are completely dark or keeping a few lights on, now is an excellent time to plan your property’s Post-COVID-19 reopening, so you are ready to welcome guests as restrictions begin to lift.
Do you have a checklist of technical and operational restart processes? Today we’re sharing a few things to consider as you build your “reopening” plan:
- Hospitality Systems Restarting – Consider your solution vendors’ recommendations on the proper order in which to restart the various servers and terminals or cloud services, as well as how to check for any missed system updates and date roll-overs.
- Operational Considerations & Best Practices – Plan how you will stage the various departmental and staff assignments to ensure resources will match the gradual increase in guests and service demands.
- Have a Plan with List of Resources – Prepare a prioritized plan for when you will reengage vendors in your supply chain, create a list of important contact information for your vendors’ helpdesk and professional services staff, and identify backups for critical employees.
- Reopening Promotions and Marketing – Will you offer any incentives to returning guests, whether through loyalty programs or other special offers?
- Contingency Plans – Consider what you will do in the event of unforeseen problems in any of these areas. Don’t miss the opportunity to serve returning guests.
It may seem that reopening your property is still a long way off; however, the sooner you begin preparing, the better positioned you will be to restart quickly and economically. For industry-relevant COVID-19 resources, visit the Agilysys Resources Page: