The European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most significant of European privacy legislation passed in the last several years. It replaces the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive and strengthens EU individuals’ rights over their data. The GDPR also serves to create a more uniform data protection law across Europe.
As a global organization, Agilysys is committed to the principles outlined by the GDPR:
- Implementing technical and organizational measures to provide adequate protection of our customers’ data;
- Using agreements containing the GDPR’s mandatory provisions;
- Processing data only on a lawful basis;
- Enabling our customers to determine whether, how, and why data is being processed;
- Ensuring that our employees involved in data processing are subject to appropriate obligations of secrecy;
- Supporting proper requests to access, correct, search, export, or erase any processed data;
- Transferring data from the EU only to adequate jurisdictions, and only via lawful transfer mechanisms;
- Assisting our customers with audits, compliance, investigations, or certifications; and
- Documenting data breaches, and timely notifying our customers when they occur.
Agilysys pledges to support our customers in their GDPR compliance efforts. We understand the critical role our hospitality software plays in that journey, and are constantly improving security features, setting policies, and creating documentation for our suite of software solutions to be used in meeting the GDPR’s exacting standards.